November 15, 2008

A Midnight Run Under a Full Moon

Thursday, November 13


http://www.edbullington.com/Ed%20Bullington%20Web%20Site/Large%20Pictures/Sunset,%20Sunrise,%20&%20Moons/Img_14936%20Full%20Moon.jpg
Ahhh...the glory of a midnight run under a full moon! It was simply wonderful. The weather has been cooling and two nights ago it was just too beautiful out to resist (besides, Mike was working the night shift- I'm always restless when he works nights). I went out for 3 or 4 miles (just on base), then came back for Ty...he had been giving me the oh so sad puppy eyes when I left. He was in doggy heavehttp://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii276/leo777art_photo/female_runner_bwbis_modifi-3.jpgn- especially when I took him down the side road to the water treatment area and let him run off leash (shhh...don't tell!). Felt so wonderful out- cool (but still humid- that's a given!) with a slight breeze and the world lit up from the full moon. Add in the bats swooping low overhead and the run was just perfect.

An added bonus was the fact that this was the first pain-free run I've had for months. I have been dealing with "Plantar Fascitis"- which is the inflammation of the tendon on the underside of your foot. About a month and half ago I thought I had just bruised my heel, but as the weeks went by it continued to worsen. A trip to the doc confirmed that it was Plantar Fascitis and he recommended lots of Motrin and stretching. Even with that I have been sidelined from running. I was spending time on the stationary bike in the gym...not my favorite! I was finally working my way back onto the treadmill (softer than the pavement), then short runs back and forth to the gym.

I can tell I'm not completely healed yet...the last two days my foot has been sore (maybe the fact that I keep forgetting the Motrin and haven't taken the proper time to stretch has something to do with it??), but at least not the exteme pain I had for awhile.

Can't wait to start hitting the road again...there are trails to run and roads to be explored...

No comments:

Post a Comment