October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2008

BOO!

This was our first Halloween with Matt and David passing on Trick-or-Treating..
Sigh. Passing of an era....


David and I did a QUICK carve job of a couple of pumpkins- we had to get in the spirit a little bit! We stayed outside and handed out candy to the steady stream of trick-or-treaters. We had heard we may not get many kids since we are up on the hill and out of the way...sure didn't seem like the case! I went through 5 or 6 bags of candy in short order.

Last week we went to the "Lester Labyrinth" (the Haunted House here on base). Waited a long time in line but had a great time. The boys and I went to the Kadena "Slaughter House" last night- had to compare the Navy verse Air Force haunted house. Sad to say, Air Force won hands down! It was great...and I am not even much into Haunted Houses. Lots of blood and gore, chain saws, scenes from "The Ring", "The Grudge", "Saw", "Exorcist"...all the horror movies....plus things coming out of the dark at you or jumping out screaming. All in good fun- but I had dents on my arm from where David was gripping it so hard.

1 comment: